Many people outside the Northwest don’t believe us when we say our summers get pretty toasty. While not as extreme as places such as Florida or South Carolina, it’s not rare for us to reach temperatures in the high 90s during the summer months in the Twin Falls and Jerome, ID areas. With that being said, having a properly working AC is not optional, but rather it’s a necessity! This is why we understand how frustrating it can be when our AC units become defective or give us trouble. Luckily, MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air is here to make all of your AC problems disappear and provide quality AC repair, replacement, and maintenance services!
We offer a selection of AC services to keep you comfortable:
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- AC Refrigerant Leak
- Evaporator Coil Services
- Air Handler Services
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Heat Pump Services
- Humidifier Services
- Air Cleaners & Filtration
- Duct Repair & Replacement
Don’t take our word for it - be sure to check out our reviews to see why your neighbors believe in Magic!
Signs You Need AC Replacement
There’s nothing worse than your air conditioning unit failing you when you need it most. However, AC units hardly ever just fail without warning. It’s important to pay attention to the signs when your AC is telling you it needs professional repair or replacement. Some of the most common signs that your unit needs replacement services to include:
- Old Age: Most air conditioners have a life expectancy of 10 years. After the 10 year mark, it likely only has a few years of life left and it will start to lose efficiency. It’s not uncommon for your AC to begin giving you problems such as failed internal components or insufficient cool air.
- Frequent Repairs: One telltale sign that it’s time to replace your unit is if you find yourself scheduling constant repairs. In this case, if it’s not one thing, it’s another and you can quickly spend more money repairing your old unit than the cost of installing a new one.
- Major Repairs: While elements such as air filters can easily be replaced, your AC does contain components that would be a little more difficult and expensive to fix. For example, if your unit needs a new motor or compressor, it may cost more trying to fix these parts than simply buying a new unit.
- Strange Sounds: Though not every sound your AC makes implies damage, certain sounds will alert you that something has gone wrong. If you hear rumbling, banging, or loud humming, there could be an issue with your unit’s motor.
- Leaks: Small leaks can be a relatively quick fix when it comes to your AC. However, big leaks can become unfixable when they reach a certain point. At this point, you should replace your unit.
At MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air, we work with and install the best brands in the industry, including Bryant for new air conditioners. Not only does this help you save on energy, but it also provides you with a long-term solution to your home’s cooling needs.
Why AC Maintenance Is Essential
Just like with any system that you use often, maintenance is key when it comes to your air conditioner. These units contain many components that increase the risks of one of these elements failing and leaving you without sufficient cool air. Routine, professional AC maintenance is important because:
- It keeps your AC running efficiently as possible which can reduce energy usage and save you money on utility bills.
- It helps facilitate the quality of air that is being circulated throughout your home.
- It helps catch small issues before they worsen into more costly repairs or need for replacement.
- It increases efficiency and awards you with maximum climate control in your home.
- It extends the life of your AC unit and significantly decreases the need for repairs.
As you see, regular AC maintenance is extremely beneficial and worth it. Regular service can prolong the life of an older unit so you can invest in your desired AC replacement unit on your own terms when you’re ready.
Give Us a Call Today!
Whether you’re on the market for a new AC replacement unit or your current unit needs repairs, we can help! MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air is here to make your life as a homeowner easier and more enjoyable. We’ll take care of all the hard work so you can relax and focus on what makes you happy! Call us today to take advantage of our upfront, no gimmick pricing, and our hassle-free scheduling.
We value your time and promise to never waste it with a drawn-out scheduling process or any surprises. We even send you a bio of the technician who will be providing your service so you know exactly who is showing up at your front door.