Air Handler Services in Twin Falls
Serving Twin Falls, Jerome & Surrounding Areas in Magic Valley
HVAC systems are comprised of various components that all contribute in different ways. The air handler is the component of your HVAC system responsible for distributing air throughout our home. To prevent your air handler from jeopardizing your Twin Falls or Jerome, ID home’s access to cool and hot air, call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today for professional air handler services. We’ll provide you with options for repair or replacement and recommend the best option to suit your needs and budget.
Are there other components of your air conditioning unit that are malfunctioning other than your air handler? Call us today to benefit from our AC repair and maintenance services!
Is your air handler in need of repair or replacement? Call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today!
What Is an Air Handler?
As its name suggests, air handlers are designed to handle your home’s air. These units are typically located in the attic, basement, or in a closet in your home. During the winter, air handlers work with your heating unit to circulate warm air throughout your home while it facilitates your AC unit during the summer though the ductwork.
Your air handler is comprised of four different components: the evaporator coil, the motor, the air filter, and the supply & return plenum connections.
- The EVAPORATOR COIL is a major part of the refrigeration process. When your AC is activated, the cold evaporator coil cools the air as it passes over it, while simultaneously removing any excess moisture that may be in your home. When your heating unit is turned on, the coil is heated up and warms the air as it passes over it.
- The BLOWER MOTOR’s job is to transfer air through your home’s ducts to allow it to enter your home via air vents. Blower motors vary in different models and can be single speed, multi-speed, or a variable speed unit.
- Single speeds function at one set speed and are activated and deactivated through your thermostat. Multi-speed motors can change speeds according to the home’s demand. When set to a low speed, your unit can actively manage the levels of humidity in the air. A variable-speed motor is designed to regulate the moisture levels in your home and maintain the temperature at your desired setting.
- The AIR FILTER of your handler works just like any other air filter in your HVAC system and is designed to keep out unwanted particles and contaminants from being distributed with your air.
- The air SUPPLY AND RETURN PLENUM CONNECTIONS of your air handler have a relatively simple job. The supply plenum’s duty is to deliver the air in your home while the return plenum will return the air to your handler when it needs to be cooled or heated.
Common Air Handler Problems
Just like with any component of your HVAC system, there will come a time when your air handler experiences malfunctions that require the assistance of a professional HVAC technician. Some of the signs that your air handler isn’t working properly include:
- CLOGGED FILTER: One of the most common air handler issues are actually with the air filter. In order for your air handler to work properly, the filter must be changed regularly in order to clear out all of the trapped dirt and debris. When these particles clog the filters, airflow can become restricted or these harmful pollutants can begin to circulate throughout your home.
- DAMAGED MOTOR: Just like the air filters, the blower motor needs to be maintained and cleaned regularly in order for it to work properly. Over time, blower motors can just simply burn out and will eventually need to be replaced.
- BROKEN FAN BELT: The blower motor belt is the most exposed component of your air handler, making it the more likely to get damaged. Fan belts can become cracked or loose, and once this happens, your entire air handler will lose its functioning capability. If you notice a clicking sound emitting from your handler, a broken fan belt may be the culprit.
If you suspect your air handler’s evaporator coil is the culprit of its malfunctioning, call us today for evaporator coil repair services.
Call Us Today
Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air is the number one heating and air service company in Twin Falls & Jerome. Whether your air handler needs repair services or it’s time for it to be completely replaced, we can help! We understand how frustrating it can be when our HVAC systems malfunction, that’s why our certified technicians are here to cater to all of your air handler needs and get your AC or heater unit back up and running in no time!
Call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today at 208-268-6488 and find out how our expert air handler services can benefit your Twin Falls or Jerome, ID residence!
Expert Workmanship & BBB Accredited
Our exceptional service have earned us a high rating from the Better Business Bureau. Our technicians are licensed and highly trained, so you can trust that we’ll get your problems solved right the first time.
We always clean up because we respect your home and family too much to leave you with a mess to manage. Our technicians also keep you informed about the work they are doing so you always know what’s being done and why.
Hassle-Free Scheduling & Arrival
You have a busy life - let us help you get back to the things you enjoy in life faster. We make scheduling service easy and convenient, along with short appointment windows and arrival as scheduled.
Our exceptional customer service has earned us numerous awards including Top Rated Local Business 2019, Magic Valley Readers Choice Gold Award for Best Electrician, and Home Advisor’s Elite Service Pro award.
Don’t be fooled by hidden fees and charges! We discuss pricing before any work is started so you know exactly what you’re getting. What you see is what you get- not a penny more.
Unexpected issues in your home are stressful enough without having to worry about the cost. Our financing options can help you get the service you need when you need it.
Free Whole Home Surge Protector With Panel Replacement. Not valid with other offers. Call for details.Valid until Sep 30, 2022
$50 Off Any Upgrade or Repair Services of $250 or more. Not valid with other offers. Call for details.Valid until Sep 30, 2022
$100 Off Panel Replacement Not valid with other offers. Call for detailsValid until Sep 30, 2022