Having a properly working AC during the summer is absolutely essential for homeowners in Twin Falls and Jerome, ID. With temperatures regularly reaching the 90’s and commonly breaking into the 100’s, properly working air conditioning is no longer a luxury but an absolute necessity. If your AC unit has reached the end of its road, it may be time to start searching for a new unit. We can help! At MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air, we are your reliable air conditioning installation company. Not only do we offer hassle-free scheduling, but we also provide high-quality systems as a Factory Authorized Bryant Dealer, giving you the peace of mind you deserve in your home!
A problem doesn’t automatically mean you need to completely do away with your unit. You may just need a quick repair! Call us today and ask about our AC repair and maintenance services.
Signs You Need to Replace Your AC
Just like with any other HVAC system, there will come a time when your AC has reached the end of its life. Whether it’s simply outlived its usefulness or you have a majorly damaged internal component, it’s time to find your replacement air conditioner. Some of the most common indicators that it’s time for an upgrade include:
- Your Unit Is 10 Years or Older: Once your AC hits 10 years old, it is time to consider the condition of your unit, and potentially look at a replacement. As air conditioners get older, they develop more and more problems and become more of a liability than an asset. Loss of efficiency will significantly increase your utility bills.
- Your AC Always Needs Repairs: If you find your AC unit constantly needing a new repair every month, it may be time to pull the chord. While you may think you’re saving money by not installing a new unit, you may actually be wasting more money in the long run as repair costs start to add up.
- Your Unit Can No Longer Keep Up: Things change, families grow and you need an AC that can keep up with your household’s needs. If your unit can no longer supply adequate cool air for your home, it may be time to consider an upgrade.
- Your Unit Has Motor Issues: Components of your AC, such as the motor, play a key role in the operation of your unit. The motor can be an expensive fix but you can’t use your AC without a properly working one. In the case that your motor no longer functions, it may be time for a replacement unit.
- Your AC Is Blowing Hot Air: Another common sign that your AC needs to be replaced is if your unit is blowing hot air. This can be due to dirty air filters, a failed motor, or low levels of refrigerant.
Benefits of Timely AC Replacement
Once your air conditioner has reached the end of its life, it can often leave homes in the Twin Falls and Jerome, ID area uncomfortable during the warmest months of the year. While investing in a new air conditioner is just that, an investment, it can offer plenty of benefits in return. Not only will a new air conditioner help cool your home, but also it adds benefits like:
- Lower energy costs
- Added property value
- Better airflow
- Improved air quality
- More consistent temperatures
Solely in benefits, investing in an air conditioning replacement can easily allow an AC unit to pay for itself in a matter of years. So if you’re ready to invest in a new unit for your home, be sure to reach out to our experienced AC contractors.
Looking to maximize performance from your new air conditioner? Be sure to ask about our air cleaning and filtration solutions, and take more control over your cooling.
Simple Ways to Save on Cooling Costs
Your home’s HVAC system makes up a large portion of what you spend monthly. This is why it’s wise to find simple ways to save on cooling costs when it comes to cooling your home. Some simple ways you can lower your utility bills include:
- Ensure that your home is properly insulated to maximize the efficiency of your AC unit.
- Replace the air filters of your unit regularly, at least twice a year.
- Schedule routine AC maintenance services, recommended twice per year.
- Upgrade an outdated AC unit.
- Keep the sun from beaming into your home with drapes and curtains.
- Use fans instead of AC when temperatures aren’t too hot.
- Install a programmable thermostat that will maximize efficiency and decrease useless energy wastage.
When it comes to anything related to cooling your home, the experts here at MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air do it all. Not only do we help you find the ideal unit for your home based on price, home size, and personal preferences, but also we make the entire installation process seamless, so you can enjoy a comfortable home in no time!