AC Refrigerant Leak Repair in Twin Falls & Jerome
Serving Twin Falls, Jerome & Surrounding Areas in Magic Valley
Our summers in Twin Falls & Jerome, ID can get pretty hot. While maybe not as hot as areas like Florida or the Mojave Desert, still hot enough to need our AC units to be working properly. That’s why when our refrigerant starts leaking, and the functioning of our air conditioning units are put in jeopardy, we have to ask fast to ensure we don’t lose our access to cool air in our homes. If you suspect your HVAC troubles are being caused by leaking refrigerant, call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today and we’ll repair your leak and get your unit back up and running in no time.
Another component of air conditioners that can interfere with its functioning is our evaporator coil. If you’re experiencing issues with yours, call us today for evaporator coil repair services.
Is your AC unit malfunctioning? Leaking AC refrigerant may be the culprit. Call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today at 208-268-6488 for leak repair services.
Signs You Have a Refrigerant Leak
Did you come home to find a big puddle of what appeared to be water by your AC’s air handler system? This scenario is more common than you think. There’s a good chance what you thought was water was actually refrigerant and this is a big indicator that your air conditioner needs attention that shouldn’t be ignored.
Some of the most common signs of a refrigerant leak include:
- NO COOL AIR: Our air conditioners are dependent on refrigerant to provide our homes with cool air. When refrigerant levels are too low, the unit will not be able to emit cool air as efficiently as usual. This can cause you to turn your thermostat lower than you normally would which can significantly impact your energy bill.
- SOUNDS COMING FROM UNIT: If your air handler is emitting strange sounds, this could be an indicator that a leak has occurred. When our coils become cracked or damaged, they will not be able to properly circulate refrigerant. This could result in a hissing sound or a gurgling noise in the case of a large leak.
- FROZEN COILS: When our AC refrigerant levels become depleted, our coils will not be able to absorb the heat from our home’s air. This often manifests in frozen coils due to all of the condensation. Frozen coils should always be treated urgently as they could cause your entire HVAC system to malfunction and may even lead to the need for a replacement.
- BLOWING HOT AIR: If your air vents and registers are blowing hot air when your AC is on, this could indicate a refrigerant leak has occurred.
- SPIKE IN ENERGY BILLS: Since we refrigerant helps our AC units provide our homes with cool air, the lack of it will result in the lack of cool air. This may cause you to lower your thermostat in hopes of cooling down the home faster but this will only increase your energy bills.
What Causes Refrigerant Leaks?
Behind every AC refrigerant leak is a culprit that caused it in the first place. Some of the most common culprits behind these leaks are:
- VIBRATION: Because of all of the internal components working to keep our AC unit running, it’s not uncommon for the unit to vibrate thus shifting the container storing the refrigerant in your handler.
- CORROSION: The evaporator coil of your air handler is contained by copper tubing. Copper is highly susceptible to corrosion that can be caused by many different things such as pollutants in the air or old age. When this occurs, the refrigerant is spilled out.
- WEAK JOINTS: There are many components that make up our AC units. Over time, these joints and connections can become weakened and the result is leaking refrigerant.
If you suspect that your refrigerant is leaking due to other components of your air handler, call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today for quality air handler repair services.
Call Our HVAC Experts Today
When our AC refrigerant leaks, it can be easy to simply replace the lost refrigerant to get your AC cooling again. However, this is only a very short-term fix and doesn’t actually solve the problem but prolongs it. If your refrigerant is leaking, it needs to be repaired! Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air can help with that. Call us today and take advantage of our hassle-free scheduling and elite customer service.
Call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today at 208-268-6488 and find out how our AC refrigerant leak repair services can benefit your Twin Falls or Jerome, ID residence.
Expert Workmanship & BBB Accredited
Our exceptional service have earned us a high rating from the Better Business Bureau. Our technicians are licensed and highly trained, so you can trust that we’ll get your problems solved right the first time.
We always clean up because we respect your home and family too much to leave you with a mess to manage. Our technicians also keep you informed about the work they are doing so you always know what’s being done and why.
Hassle-Free Scheduling & Arrival
You have a busy life - let us help you get back to the things you enjoy in life faster. We make scheduling service easy and convenient, along with short appointment windows and arrival as scheduled.
Our exceptional customer service has earned us numerous awards including Top Rated Local Business 2019, Magic Valley Readers Choice Gold Award for Best Electrician, and Home Advisor’s Elite Service Pro award.
Don’t be fooled by hidden fees and charges! We discuss pricing before any work is started so you know exactly what you’re getting. What you see is what you get- not a penny more.
Unexpected issues in your home are stressful enough without having to worry about the cost. Our financing options can help you get the service you need when you need it.
Free Whole Home Surge Protector With Panel Replacement. Not valid with other offers. Call for details.Valid until Sep 30, 2022
$50 Off Any Upgrade or Repair Services of $250 or more. Not valid with other offers. Call for details.Valid until Sep 30, 2022
$100 Off Panel Replacement Not valid with other offers. Call for detailsValid until Sep 30, 2022