Living in the Northwest, we get the best of both worlds: chilly sweater weather in the winter and nice, warm temps during the summer months. However, it’s not uncommon for summer temperatures in Twin Falls and Jerome, ID to go from nice and warm to uncomfortably hot. When this happens, a properly functioning AC unit is an absolute necessity. If your AC isn’t providing you with adequate cool air, call MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today and we’ll make all of your AC troubles disappear. From detailed AC repairs to timely tune-ups, we’re your trusted local air conditioning contractor here to help.
In some cases, a replacement is more logical than repair services such as if you have an older unit. Give us a call today and schedule your air conditioning installation today.
Common AC Problems
Unfortunately, AC problems at some point or another are essentially inevitable, especially as the unit gets older. Some of the most common issues that will require air conditioning repairs include:
- Blowing Hot Air: One of the most telltale signs that your AC needs professional attention is if the unit is blowing hot air. Unless you have a mini-duct split system, your AC is made to blow cool air and cool air only so hot air is a serious red flag. This can be caused by broken internal components or low levels of refrigerant.
- Lack of Efficiency: If you notice that your unit is not as efficient as it once was, there could be something wrong with your AC. You will know your unit has lost efficiency if you notice a sudden increase in your utility bills which will reflect that more power than usual was used to cool your home.
- Inconsistent Temperatures: Another common indicator that you have AC troubles is temperatures around different areas of your home are different and inconsistent. This could be due to dirty air vents and filters, or failing internal components.
- Leaks: If your AC unit is leaking, it’s definitely time for professional repair services. Moisture around your unit can indicate that the drain tube has been damaged or is blocked. Additionally, refrigerant can also create leaking issues.
Because your unit plays such an important role in your comfort and safety, scheduling timely air conditioning repairs is essential. We make service easy with our hassle-free scheduling so you never have to worry about wasting a day to get your system back up and running.
What Happens During Routine Maintenance
While repair services are dedicated to resolving a specific issue, maintenance services operate a little differently. The point of a maintenance visit is to make sure all of the components of your AC are working effectively and efficiently. It’s recommended to schedule a maintenance service at least once a year, preferably before the summer season.
During an AC tune-up, our technicians will check for the following things:
- We will check that your AC unit has enough refrigerant for efficient usage as well as make sure your refrigerant is not leaking at all.
- We will inspect your ducts to locate any potential leak areas or areas that have collected excessive debris.
- We will ensure that you have adequate air flowing through your evaporator coil and determine if your coil has any additional issues as well.
- We will verify that the correct electric control sequence is in place and that your unit’s heating and cooling sequences aren’t operating at the same time.
- We will examine your electric terminals and apply a non-conductive coating if necessary.
- We will test that your thermostat is operating and controlling your indoor climate properly.
Benefits of Ongoing AC Maintenance
There are many advantages to receiving annual maintenance on your HVAC system. Some of the benefits you can expect to reap with routine AC check-ups include:
- Lower utility bills
- Improve indoor air quality
- Prolong the life of your AC unit
- Catch small problems before they worsen
- Eliminate the need for frequent repairs
For most homeowners in Twin Falls and Jerome, ID, air conditioning maintenance is the easiest way to avoid the need for replacement. While we mainly use Bryant components when performing HVAC repairs, which are known for their longevity and energy efficiency, we can help you keep your existing system in tip-top shape.
During your maintenance service, we may find that your air filters need to be replaced. Luckily, we provide quality air filter replacement services.
Call Us Today
When it comes to your AC unit, it’s important to nip small problems in the bud before they expand to greater, more costly issues. Whether you need a small repair or you simply want to prolong your unit’s lifespan with routine maintenance, our team of experts is here to help. We understand how frustrating AC problems can be which is why we make it our goal to make all of your HVAC problems magically disappear. Give us a call today to take advantage of our upfront pricing and our easy, hassle-free scheduling.