How to Know If Your Electrical Panel is Safe:

Your electrical panel is like the brain of your home; it ensures that your home systems, appliances, and electronics are running smoothly. So how do you know if your electrical panel is safe and functioning properly? Here are some signs that may mean you need to have your home's electrical panel inspected to determine if it is in need of repairs or replacement.

  • Failing Circuit Breakers- When your home's circuit breakers trip it is most likely caused by the circuit being overloaded causing it to shut itself off to protect you and your home from electrical shock and or fire.
  • Melted Wires- Melted wires in any part of your home is a clear sign that something is not right! Wires that are melted are often an indication that your circuits are overloaded and causing the wires to get hot. This is
  • Flickering or Dimming Lights- This is a clear sign that there is something wrong with your circuit breaker panel or a component within your electrical system. It is very important to have a licensed electrician inspect the problem.
  • Burning Smell- If your electrical panel emits a burning smell, your electrical panel is definitely overheating. This poses a huge safety and fire risk. Call a licensed electrician immediately!
  • Old or Outdated Panel- Electrical panels function at a safe level for about 20 years. If your home is older than 20 years and you haven't replaced your electrical panel, it needs to be inspected. These older panels were not designed for the amount of electricity that we use today.

If any of the above issues sound familiar, call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air to have a licensed electrician inspect your panel to ensure it is working safely. Repair or replacement may be needed if you have any of the above issues.

Categories