Have you ever thought about your water quality? Living in Idaho we have some water issues that a lot of people may not think about and how these issues could affect the systems in your home.
Hard Water is one of the most taxing things on your home's water systems and in Southern Idaho, we have some of the hardest water in the country. So, what does this mean for you and your home systems that utilize this water daily?
Hard water contains a high amount of calcium and magnesium, and while these are safe for human consumption it can leave unsightly, hard to clean spots on your fixtures, shorten the life of your water heater and other appliances and leave deposits that can damage and clog your homes water pipes. If your home has the following you may benefit from a water softener and filtration system:
- Do your faucets, sinks and showers have watermarks or excessive lime or chalk buildup?
- Are your white clothes dingy or your colors fading unusually fast?
- Does your water smell or taste wrong?
- Is your skin and hair dry or itchy after a shower?
- Do you have low water pressure?
- Do your appliances break or wear out faster than they should?
- Do your dishes have watermarks and residue on them even though you just cleaned them?
You may be asking what you can do to protect your home from these issues. Installing a water softener and water filtration system can save you a lot of headaches and money, not to mention all the scrubbing it takes to remove the hard water scale from your fixtures, showers, and appliances.
Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air are experts in water quality and will test the water in your Magic Valley home thoroughly to ensure that the water softening and filtration system is the right fit for you and your family. Some of the benefits include:
- Money savings! A water softening and filtration system can save you money on costly plumbing and appliance repairs and replacements. In addition, it can help save money on your utility bills, soaps, and detergents as you will use less water and products.
- Cleaner hair and softer skin are also added benefits as it helps balance the pH levels in your hair and skin.
- Brighter, softer, and cleaner clothes are another added benefit. By removing these minerals from your water, you remove the deposits that these minerals can leave in your clothing causing them to be dingy or to fade quickly.
- Less time cleaning! Who doesn’t want to clean less?! Eliminating these minerals and contaminants from your water means your fixtures, sinks, shower, and dishes won’t have that hard to remove scale and buildup.
Contact Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air to schedule your water consultation today to see how you can benefit from having a water softener and filtration system installed in your home!