If you have ever been in the midst of a severe thunderstorm and your power went out, then you have a pretty good idea of how inconvenient that can be. Sometimes it takes days before the power is restored again. When this happens, you can say goodbye to all of the fresh food in your refrigerator and forget about using electronic devices that aren’t charged.
A whole house generator can help you avoid the inconvenience that comes with losing power. At MAGIC Electric + Plumbing, we are your whole-home generator installation pros. Not only do we use high-quality units from Generac, but also we support your new system with ongoing care and maintenance.
Protecting your home is always our top priority. Consider a whole home safety inspection to ensure your electrical system is working as it should.
What Are the Benefits of Whole House Generators?
Thunderstorms and snowstorms can easily cause a power outage. The last thing you want is to be stuck in the middle of a Boise, ID snowstorm without any heat. A snowstorm is also a time when the electricity will likely be out for more than a day too. Installing a whole-house generator will keep your family safe and warm if the power were to go out.
The experts at MAGIC Electric + Plumbing know how important this is and it is by far the greatest benefit to installing a whole house generator. Other benefits include:
- Protect your home from dangerous voltage surges when the power returns.
- Enjoy safety and peace of mind during times of emergency.
- Keep the power on at home automatically during a blackout.
- Don’t lose access to heat, air conditioning, refrigerator, television, and other appliances.
There are plenty of benefits to gain from having a generator installed in your home. Let our licensed electricians install your whole house generator and enjoy peace of mind knowing the work will be carried out properly and at a fair and upfront price.
How to Tell if Your Generator Needs Service
There are a few telltale signs that will let you know that your generator needs servicing. It is recommended that you call in a professional to maintain and look over your generator so you know exactly if and when a repair is needed.
Some of the signs include:
- Worn out electrical components: If your wires show any signs of damage, then it is time for a repair. These signs include frayed wires, loose connectors, buttons that stick when you press them and even overloads that cause the generator to shut down.
- Leaks: If your generator has sprung a leak it could be oil or fuel or even coolant. Either way, it is important to get your generator checked out as soon as you notice a leak as these can be dangerous.
- Trouble starting or running: After a generator has sat for a while without any use it could have a drained battery or even damage to other parts of the engine. All a technician if you believe your generator’s engine is faulty.
Our professional technicians are trained and ready to help you when your generator is in need of maintenance. Don’t let your Boise, ID house go into the next storm unarmed, call and have your next appointment scheduled with our hassle-free scheduling.
Has a power outage caused damage to your outlets? Be sure to ask about our outlet replacement services and get your appliances back up and running today!
Choosing Your New Generator
When you are choosing a generator for your home, it is first important to understand how much electricity it takes to power your household. Typically, you can figure about 5,000 watts to cover the basics in a home, but you will need to make sure of this before you purchase a new generator. There are also four main types of generators:
- Home standby generator
- Portable generator
- Inverter generator
- Portable power stations
A home standby generator is going to be the most expensive, but it is the best bet for most homes. At MAGIC Electric + Plumbing, we specialize in whole-home generator installation, also known as standby generators. We work with Generac, the top brand of generator, which can power your entire home for days, using power sources like natural gas, so you never have to worry about refilling a tank. Our goal is to ensure your safety, and it always starts with preventive care and honest service.