Painting walls, installing carpet, and decorating your home are all great projects that you can do yourself with the right knowledge and skill set. However, there are certain projects that you should never take on by yourself and electrical projects are one of them. If you are experiencing electrical issues such as flickering lights or faulty outlets, it’s best to call on a certified electrician for help. MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air is here to help!
Call us for all your electrical and generator needs! We proudly offer the following services:
- Switch/Outlet Repair & Replacement (Conversions to GFCI, AFCI, USB and other styles)
- Electrical Panel Repair, Installation & Upgrade
- Wiring Repair & Replacement
- Indoor Lighting: Dimmer, LED, Recessed, Track & More!
- Ceiling Fans & Chandeliers
- Attic Fans
- Outdoor & Security Lighting
- Standby Generator Services
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation
- Whole House Surge Protection
- Pool & Hot Tub Wiring
- Whole House Safety Inspection
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Commercial Electrician
Experiencing faulty switches or outlets? Call us today and ask about our switch/outlet repair and replacement services.
Common Electrical Issues
Electrical issues are extremely common and can be found in just about any home. Some of the most common electrical issues we repair include:
- Circuit Overload: One common electrical problem found in homes is circuit overload. Many homes just don’t possess the power points to sustain our plugged-in lifestyles. Circuit overload can result in circuit breakers that trip frequently.
- Frequent Electrical Surges: If you are experiencing frequent electrical surges, this may indicate that your home has bad electrical wiring, you have faulty appliances, or there has been damage to the power lines that supply your electricity.
- Faulty Outlets: If there are faulty outlets in your home that don’t work, this could be caused by a tripped connection or breaker. It’s important to have this issue inspected by an electrician to prevent wires from melting.
- Dimming/Flickering Lights: Dimming or flickering lights can be an indication that you are experiencing arcing. Arcing is when there are corroded or loose wires that touch each other and can lead to an electrical fire or shock.
- Heated Outlets/Switches: When your outlets or switches are hot to the touch, something has gone wrong with your electrical system. A licensed electrician will be able to diagnose the culprit of hot switches and outlets and recommend the right solution.
- Frequent Electrical Shocks: No one likes being shocked when they plug something in. Electrical shocks can be caused by a faulty appliance or device, or there could be something wrong with the wiring.
Should You Consider a Panel Upgrade?
An important part of any electrical service in Twin Falls and Jerome, ID is the electrical troubleshooting. While many of the issues above can be solved with basic repairs or wiring replacements, when electrical issues become the norm in your home, there may be a larger problem at play.
The electrical panel is responsible for distributing electricity throughout your home. When you start dealing with issues like:
- Flickering lights
- Constantly flipping breakers
- Sections of the house with no power
- Burning smells
- Damaged appliances
- Higher energy costs
Then it might be time to consider a panel upgrade. Not only will this resolve many of your electrical problems, but in most cases, it can increase the capacity of your electrical infrastructure, making new appliance installation and consistent electrical flow the norm.
With the new infrastructure in place, be sure to enjoy added upgrades like new indoor lighting or appliances!
The Importance of Hiring a Licensed Electrician
There are some jobs and projects that can’t safely be fixed with DIY tutorials or by the local handyman. Electrical matters are one of those projects. Licensed electricians are trained to deal with wiring and know how to prevent electrical shocks and fires.
Plus, hiring a professional electrician will save you money, time, and frustration! When electrical jobs are done wrong, the result can be lost access to electricity which we depend on daily to support our lifestyles. MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air has the best team of electricians in the entire Twin Falls & Jerome area.
In 2019, our electricians earned the Magic Valley Readers Choice Gold Award for Best Electrician because of our commitment to our customers and dedication to quality workmanship. Whether you’re experiencing frequent power outages, flickering lights, or heated outlets and switches, we can help!