Switch and Outlet Repair & Replacement in Twin Falls
Serving Twin Falls, Jerome & Surrounding Areas in Magic Valley
In the digital age we live in, being plugged in is more important now than ever. With this new demand for technology, devices, and modern appliances, comes the need for outlets to support our iPhone and tablet chargers, televisions, and appliances. In order to keep up with the demand for our ever-increasing electricity usage, we need to ensure our switches and outlets are in the best condition. At Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today, our professional electrical outlet repair and installation services can help.
In order for your switches and outlets to operate effectively, your home’s breaker panel needs to be in pristine condition. Call us today for quality breaker panel repair services.
Are you tired of dealing with electrical shocks every time you use your switches or outlets? You may need switch/outlet repair or replacement services.
Faulty Outlet/Switch Culprits
Broken outlets and switches don’t just occur by happenstance; there’s always something behind their malfunctioning. Some of the most common causes of faulty outlets and switches we see and treat include:
- FAULTY INSTALLATION: If your outlets weren’t installed correctly, to begin with, you can expect to experience problems with them at some point or another. Faulty installation can be caused by a mistake or due to the work of an uncertified electrician.
- ARC FAULTS: When there is a high power discharge of electricity between different conductors, this is known as an arc fault. Arc faults can cause wires to overheat, which is a potential risk for an electrical fire.
- POWER OVERLOAD: When we plug-in devices or appliances that have high-voltage or when we plug in too many devices at once, this can overload our electrical systems.
- TRIPPED CIRCUIT BREAKER: If your devices or appliances refuse to power on after plugging it an outlet, this may be caused by a tripped circuit breaker.
- TRIPPED GFCI: Similar to the circuit breaker, if there is a power surge, the plug will be turned off by the GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) to prevent an electrical shock or fire. These outlets can usually be restored by pressing a small reset button.
Choosing the Right Outlet
There are many different outlets available on the market today. Choosing the right outlet typically comes down to a matter of personal preference and what areas of your home you will use them for. The three most common types of electrical outlets in residential spaces include:
- GFCI OUTLETS: These outlets are ground fault circuit interrupter outlets. They are designed to prevent electrocution and electrical shocks by immediately interrupting power when danger is sensed; for example, if water comes into contact with the outlet. Because of this, these outlets are a great option in just about any room in your home but specifically rooms where water is present or where young children spend time.
- AFCI OUTLETS: These outlets are arc-fault circuit interrupter outlets. They are designed to detect electrical arcs and trip the circuit to prevent the arc from occurring. As stated above, electrical arcs can cause electrical fires. AFCI outlets can determine when an arc is harmless and when one can potentially be a fire hazard. This is another type of outlet that works great in every room of your home.
- USB OUTLETS: In our digital age, staying connected is more important than ever. This is especially true for individuals who work from home and whose jobs are dependent upon internet connection and fully charged phones, tablets, and laptops. USB outlets are just what the name suggests, outlets with USB ports built into them. These are a great option in homes where technology is important, in rooms such as entertainment rooms, home offices, and bedrooms.
In order to get the most out of your newly installed outlets, it’s important that your home’s electrical grid is up to par. Give us a call today and ask about our whole-home safety inspection.
Call Our Experts Today
Here at MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air, our electricians go above and beyond to satisfy all of your electrical needs. Whether your outlets have randomly stopped working or you’re looking to replace them with a more protected outlet such as a GFCI or AFCI, we can help! Our award-winning electricians work with some of the best brands, including Leviton outlets, to ensure your home is protected against electrical shocks and fires.
Call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today at 208-268-6488 for service in Jerome or Twin Falls, ID. Enjoy easy scheduling, straightforward pricing, and expert workmanship on every call!
Expert Workmanship & BBB Accredited
Our exceptional service have earned us a high rating from the Better Business Bureau. Our technicians are licensed and highly trained, so you can trust that we’ll get your problems solved right the first time.
We always clean up because we respect your home and family too much to leave you with a mess to manage. Our technicians also keep you informed about the work they are doing so you always know what’s being done and why.
Hassle-Free Scheduling & Arrival
You have a busy life - let us help you get back to the things you enjoy in life faster. We make scheduling service easy and convenient, along with short appointment windows and arrival as scheduled.
Our exceptional customer service has earned us numerous awards including Top Rated Local Business 2019, Magic Valley Readers Choice Gold Award for Best Electrician, and Home Advisor’s Elite Service Pro award.
Don’t be fooled by hidden fees and charges! We discuss pricing before any work is started so you know exactly what you’re getting. What you see is what you get- not a penny more.
Unexpected issues in your home are stressful enough without having to worry about the cost. Our financing options can help you get the service you need when you need it.
Free Whole Home Surge Protector With Panel Replacement. Not valid with other offers. Call for details.Valid until Sep 30, 2022
$50 Off Any Upgrade or Repair Services of $250 or more. Not valid with other offers. Call for details.Valid until Sep 30, 2022
$100 Off Panel Replacement Not valid with other offers. Call for detailsValid until Sep 30, 2022