Pool & Hot Tub Wiring in Twin Falls
Serving Twin Falls, Jerome & Surrounding Areas in Magic Valley
If you’ve recently purchased a new pool or hot tub, you’re going to need a pool wiring installation service you can trust! Even if you’ve owned your pool for years, wiring issues can arise. Let the Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air team take care of all of your hot tub & pool wiring needs today!
To truly enjoy your backyard pool, you need to be able to see in the dark at night! Call us today for quality outdoor lighting installation services.
Installing a new hot tub or pool or need to rewire an existing one? We can help give you peace of mind with professional hot tub and pool wiring installation and repair!
Preparing Your New Hot Tub
Recently purchased a new hot tub? Great! Now what? You just plug it in and enjoy it, right? We wish it were that simple, but unfortunately, there’s a little more that goes into it to make sure you have the right power supply and protection. Hot tubs require a dedicated circuit, and typically a 240-volt power supply with a GFCI outlet.
Fortunately, Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air partners with a local hot tub vendor in the Magic Valley which offers special pricing on new hookups for hot tubs. Give us a call today and let our licensed electricians assist so you can safely enjoy your new backyard oasis ASAP!
Common Issues With Hot Tub Wiring
The only thing more enjoyable than a pool as an adult is a hot tub. Hot tubs can be used as a form of stress relief, muscle relief, and simple relaxation. Besides, everyone knows the person with the hot tub is usually the coolest person in the family or friend group.
Hot tub wiring issues are more common than most people think and can prevent us from enjoying all of the benefits hot tubs have to offer. They can be caused by different factors, such as poor installation or corroded pipes. The most common issues we see include:
- VISIBLE STRESS TO WIRES: If you can actually see your hot tub’s wires, that means they’re not installed correctly. Moreover, wiring can become damaged over time due to pests such as mice and squirrels who like to chew on our wires. If you notice stress to your wires, this could be a major electrical fire hazard. Call us today for a wiring replacement.
- GFCI BREAKER: If your hot tub is continuously tripping the GFCI breaker, this could simply mean it is worn out. Power surges, lightning strikes, and even just old age can negatively impact our breakers. To determine if your breaker is damaged, try flipping it and waiting to see if it trips again. If it does, this could indicate it’s time to replace the breaker.
- CORRODED WIRES: Corrosion can cause our wiring systems to malfunction as well, affecting everything from our hot tub light to its electric filtering system. This is usually just a simple element that happens over time. Depending on how much of your wiring is corroded, you may need them replaced.
- LOOSE CONNECTORS: Another common hot tub wiring issue is loose connectors. Even when wires are just a smidge loose, the electrical current can be interrupted. These loose connectors can cause the GFCI breaker to trip which can negatively impact your hot tub.
Protecting Your Pool Wiring
Although most of us get pools installed to entertain the children or guests, there’s no denying the calm feeling of peace you get when you’re taking a solo swim before bed or first thing in the morning. There’s almost no feeling more soothing than knowing you can control and set the desired temperatures in your pool, making for a joyous experience all year round.
However, when our pool’s wiring system is experiencing malfunctions, features such as heating or pool lights can’t function and can even create an unsafe hazard right in your backyard. This is why it is essential to protect your pool’s wiring.
The two most effective ways to protect your pool from experiencing electrical issues are grounding and bonding.
- GROUNDING: The process of grounding is to direct and exterminate any electrical currents that could be hazardous around your pool. During the grounding process, your pool’s electrical system is connected to the breaker panel. Then, both components are “grounded” to the earth and any excess electric currents are redirected. This will cause any harmful electrical currents to strike the ground instead of people or animals.
- BONDING: During this process, electrical and metallic components of your pool are combined with a wire to create a non-resistive path. This will connect and prevent any transmission of harmful electrical currents to come in contact with people or animals. When the bonding process is not utilized, you are at risk of conducting rogue electrical currents when you come in contact with the water or railing.
These two processes collectively work to render pool safety. There is no method proven to be more effective at preventing pool electrical catastrophes than the methods of grounding and bonding.
Do you want to make sure all of your home’s wiring is up to code to prevent any issues in the future? Call us today for professional safety inspection services!
Call Us Today!
Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air takes pride in providing homeowners with safe, accurate electrical services. Our licensed and experienced electricians pay close attention to every detail and make sure the problem is fixed the first time around.
We know how frustrating it can be when your hot tubs or pool isn’t performing at its best. Give us a call today and find out how you can benefit from our professional pool and hot tub wiring services. You’ll be glad you believed in Magic!
Call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today at 208-268-6488 for service in Jerome or Twin Falls, ID. Enjoy hassle-free service at a time that works for you, on-time arrival, and upfront pricing!
Expert Workmanship & BBB Accredited
Our exceptional service have earned us a high rating from the Better Business Bureau. Our technicians are licensed and highly trained, so you can trust that we’ll get your problems solved right the first time.
We always clean up because we respect your home and family too much to leave you with a mess to manage. Our technicians also keep you informed about the work they are doing so you always know what’s being done and why.
Hassle-Free Scheduling & Arrival
You have a busy life - let us help you get back to the things you enjoy in life faster. We make scheduling service easy and convenient, along with short appointment windows and arrival as scheduled.
Our exceptional customer service has earned us numerous awards including Top Rated Local Business 2019, Magic Valley Readers Choice Gold Award for Best Electrician, and Home Advisor’s Elite Service Pro award.
Don’t be fooled by hidden fees and charges! We discuss pricing before any work is started so you know exactly what you’re getting. What you see is what you get- not a penny more.
Unexpected issues in your home are stressful enough without having to worry about the cost. Our financing options can help you get the service you need when you need it.
Free Whole Home Surge Protector With Panel Replacement. Not valid with other offers. Call for details.Valid until Sep 30, 2022
$50 Off Any Upgrade or Repair Services of $250 or more. Not valid with other offers. Call for details.Valid until Sep 30, 2022
$100 Off Panel Replacement Not valid with other offers. Call for detailsValid until Sep 30, 2022