The NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) has confirmed that electrical issues are one of the leading causes behind all house fires. We rely on our access to electricity for almost every single daily function. From turning on the lights to cooking, electricity is needed to sustain our busy lifestyles and without it, things would be…dark.
That’s why it is so important that our electrical systems are always up to code and the best way to ensure this is with routine professional safety inspections! At MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air, we offer detailed safety inspections for homeowners throughout Twin Falls and Jerome, ID.
Want to protect your home in case of a power outage? Consider installing a whole-home generator.
Why Do You Need a Home Inspection Before Buying a New Home?
If you’re preparing to put down an offer on a new home, a home inspection prior to putting down an offer is crucial. Here’s why:
- Get a detailed evaluation of the home which highlights any problem areas, such as old wiring that needs replacement.
- Have more leverage when negotiating the price of the home if there are things that are not up to code.
- Prevent a major headache, later on, to make sure you know what you’re getting into.
Sellers should also consider having a home inspection done in order to find problems that the buyer would have found in the inspection. That way, they can make the necessary repairs before the home is on the market.
What Happens During a Safety Inspection
A professional performing an electrical safety inspection will do thorough diagnostic testing on your home’s electrical system. Here at MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air, we check the following components:
- Outlets/Switches: We will inspect and test all electrical outlets and switches in your home.
- Wiring: We will conduct an inspection of all wiring, suggesting when replacement wiring needs to be scheduled.
- Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Detectors: Our team will test all carbon monoxide and smoke detectors to make sure all occupants will be alerted if toxic fumes are threatening the home’s safety.
- Breaker Panel: We will inspect all of the electrical panels in your home and notify you if your home needs breaker panel repair or replacement.
- Circuit Breakers: We will inspect all of your circuit breakers to ensure they are working correctly.
- Outdoor Lighting: We will inspect your outdoor lighting to ensure emergency and motion sensor lighting is operating properly.
- And more!
Why Regular Safety Inspections Are Important
Many electrical issues that result in house fires could have possibly been prevented with proper electrical maintenance. Electrical issues can go on undetected for a while before you realize what is happening. Often times, we don’t know our wiring is malfunctioning until we get shocked plugging something into outlets or frequent power surges completely destroy most of our electronics.
However, this fate is not inevitable. By scheduling annual electrical safety inspection services, you can protect your home against the many negative side effects of faulty wiring or a damaged electrical panel.
Benefits of Annual Safety Inspection
Electric safety inspections should be conducted at least once a year and after certain repair jobs are done. For example, if you’ve currently received breaker panel repair services, it’s important to ensure these electrical systems are now operating correctly. Some of the benefits you can expect with professional annual safety inspection include:
- Detect and treat any possible future electrical issues.
- Ensure that safety conditions are safe for occupants.
- Protect your property from expensive repair jobs.
- Determine when components of your electrical system will need to be replaced.
- Make sure electrical systems are up to code for selling your home in the future.
If the electrician found any issues in your home that calls for replacing an electrical component, give us a call. We offer cost-effective, high-quality replacement services for breaker panels, electrical outlets, wiring, and more, all from reputable brands like Eaton and Square D.
Looking to leverage more of your electrical system? Be sure to ask how outlet replacements can add functionality like USB ports to your existing outlets.
A professional whole-home electrical safety inspection can put your mind at ease and save you money down the road. As stated above, many electrical issues start off small but worsen with time as the problem persists undetected. Catch small problems before they become larger, more expensive ones with safety inspection services.
Our MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air electricians are here to provide homeowners with the ultimate relief from frustration with upfront, competitive pricing, and hassle-free scheduling. Give us a call to discuss your needs today.