Having a functioning heating system is imperative in Twin Falls and Jerome, ID. Our winters can be brutal and if you’re not prepared, you won't be able to enjoy the beauty that the winter seasons have to offer. Being prepared means making sure your heating system is working to its best ability to prevent it from failing you when you need it most. MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air is here to provide your home with quality heating repair and maintenance service so you’re fully equipped for the winter season.
Does your heater constantly need repairs? It may be time for an upgrade! Give us a call today and find out how our heating replacement services can benefit you!
Signs Your Heater Needs Repairs
Unfortunately, our heating systems are not made to last forever. This means at some point or another, your heater may need professional repair services to bring it back to its original productivity. Some of the most common signs that your heater needs repairs include:
- Cold Air: If your heater is blowing cold air, there is definitely something wrong with your unit. One of the most common causes of a heater blowing cold air is a dirty air filter. A dirty air filter can prevent the airflow from the heat exchanger, resulting in your unit blowing cold air.
- High Heating Bill: While a high utility bill doesn’t automatically mean something is wrong with your heater, there’s a good chance it does. Our HVAC system makes up a large portion of our energy usage so when you notice your bills continuing to increase month to month, this could indicate your heating system isn’t working as efficiently as it should be.
- Leaks: If your heating unit is leaking, this could indicate that you have blocked condensate drains or a problem with the condensate pump. There could also be a defect with the vent pipe, causing water to leak out.
- Loud Sounds: Although your heating unit may not be completely quiet, loud strange noises coming from your heater is a sign of a problem. These sounds could indicate loose or damage internal components, a broken fan, or a leak. If you hear hissing, this may signal a gas leak is present and you should give us a call immediately.
- Broken Thermostat: If the thermostat of your heating unit is malfunctioning, this could interfere with your heater’s ability to supply your home with adequate heat. If your thermostat is reading a lot lower than it actually is, your heater may continue to run to try to reach the desired temperature.
Benefits of Routine Maintenance
The key to avoiding the frequent need for repairs lies in regular, professional heater maintenance and tune-ups. Your heater should be inspected at least once every year to check for problems that could potentially leave you without heat during the winter when you need it most. Some of the additional benefits of receiving ongoing maintenance include:
- Energy Savings: A malfunctioning heater consumes a lot of energy as it struggles to continue powering through its problems to heat your home. During a heater maintenance visit, our technicians will inspect and locate anything that looks like it will transpire into a bigger problem so your heater won’t have to consume a ton of energy to provide heat.
- Tune-Ups: During a maintenance visit, our technicians are dedicated to preventing any future problems from arising. That is why your technician will provide essential tune-us that include tightening loose connections, lubricating components, changing air filters, inspecting ductwork, testing thermostat calibrations, and so forth.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Over time, contaminants such as dust, pet dander, bacteria, mold, pollen, and mildew can accrue over time and decrease the quality of your indoor air. During your maintenance visit, we will clear out all of these pollutants and leave you with significantly improved air quality.
- Increased Lifespan of Unit: There is no better way to increase the life of your heating unit than with proper maintenance. Ensuring that your heater’s internal components are secure, lubricated, and in good condition will drastically expand the life of your unit.
- Safety: A damaged heating unit is a prime culprit for raised carbon monoxide levels in your home. As we’re sure you know, carbon monoxide is lethal and can put your family in danger. With proper heater maintenance, our technicians can make sure your heater isn’t emitting toxic fumes and keep your family safe.
As homeowners, we understand remembering chores can be a chore itself. That’s why we make heater tune-ups simple and convenient. It should be done at least once a year, and ideally a few months before the winter season. Our heating contractors will perform a thorough inspection and address any minor issues as needed. With a little help from our staff, you’ll have the peace of mind you deserve in your home.
For an extra layer of protection, give us a call today and ask about our carbon monoxide detector installation services.
Call Your Local Heating Repair Experts Today
Your home’s heating system is important so we understand your frustration when these systems fail. Our certified technicians are dedicated to providing the ultimate stress relief through our quality heater repair and maintenance services! Call us today to schedule your heater services with the MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air team. We guarantee hassle-free scheduling, upfront pricing, and an unforgettable customer service experience that will make you believe in magic!