At MAGIC Electric + Plumbing we know how difficult it is when the power goes out. Even small obstacles such as keeping the milk cold and charging your cell phone can turn into stressful situations when there is an interruption in your power. Whether it is due to inclement weather in the Meridian, ID area or a faulty electrical panel, you need to have a reliable electrician you can trust to be on-site when you need them. With our hassle-free scheduling, trustworthy technicians, and long-lasting solutions, you can count on our electricians to restore power to your home.
Don’t just take our word for it. Visit our reviews page to hear from our longtime customers today!
Signs You Need Outlet Repair Service
Your outlets and light switches are some of the most commonly used electrical components in your home. That being said, they are also the components that you have the most issues with, as well. For that reason, let's take a look at some of the warning signs that you need to have an electrician inspect your system.
- Dimming or Flickering Lights: Dimming and flickering lights may not seem like much of an issue except for being an annoyance, but it can indicate faulty wiring.
- Tripping the Circuit Breaker: If you consistently trip the circuit breaker when plugging something into an outlet, there is either too much wattage on that particular plug or you could be dealing with loose or frayed connections.
- Sparking and Heat: Sparking or hot to the touch outlets or light switches are an indication of trouble and should be looked at by a professional right away.
- Non-Working Components: If you have light switches or outlets that do not work at all, it could mean several different issues including loose wiring or a problem with the electrical panel itself.
If you notice any signs of trouble with your plugs or light switches, you may have a deeper issue within your electrical panel that could result in dangerous situations such as fires. Reach out to MAGIC Electric + Plumbing today to set an appointment with one of our electricians.
Upgrading Your Electrical Panel
If you think of your electrical system as the state of Idaho, then your electrical panel is the capital. Your panel, otherwise known as your circuit breaker, is the epicenter of your power. It’s where your energy company sends the electricity that is then dispersed throughout your home. Over time, however, like anything else your electrical panel may need repair.
Take a look at these warning signals that indicate you need a service call:
- If you consistently trip the circuit breaker, it may indicate faulty wiring or that there is not enough power being circulated from the breaker to the outlet.
- Signs of burning such as strong odors are also signs that you have loose or faulty wiring.
- Lights that dim and flicker when you use appliances such as hairdryers and vacuum cleaners are also an indication that your system is overloading.
- Power surges also indicate an issue with your electrical panel.
If you find that you are blowing fuses regularly, you may not need a repair, but a replacement. Electrical panels that still require fuses are out of date and should be upgraded as soon as possible. At MAGIC Electric + Plumbing, we use panel and breaker components from Eaton and Square D, ensuring a high-quality finish on your new upgrade.
Worried about the cost of a new electrical panel? We offer financing options for qualified homeowners that can help make unexpected expenses a bit simpler.
Benefits of a Whole-Home Generator
Even if you have routine maintenance performed, have inspections and upgrades done, and are diligent about watching out for signs of repair, it’s still not going to do much good during a power outage. When the weather gets bad or there is another issue that causes your electricity to shut off, you may be in a spot of trouble if you don’t have a backup generator.
The majority of our modern conveniences run on electricity. Essential appliances such as refrigerators, heating systems, air conditioners, and even electronics all need it to run. What's more, life-saving medical equipment that residents rely on to live also requires power to be effective.
With a whole-home generator installation from our pros at MAGIC Electric + Plumbing, you can enjoy added peace of mind, performance from all your appliances during an outage, and added property value. We use high-efficiency units from Generac and offer a range of fuel sources, including natural gas and propane.
MAGIC Electric + Plumbing are the trusted and reliable electricians in the Boise community. Our hassle-free scheduling allows you to set service calls at your convenience, plus with our upfront pricing, there are no games or gimmicks.
for Meridian, ID
Colleen - Meridian, ID
On time, pleasant and fixed the problem 🌝
Doug - Meridian, ID
This company is hands on, quick to reply, and does quality work at a fair price
Great work, great service
Toni - Meridian, ID
Ethan was professional, courteous, and went the extra mile explaining things.
Courteous and Professional
Keith - Meridian, ID
Ethan did a great job problem solving the issue and corrected the problem. Everything was done in a courteous and professional manner. Thank you!
Robert - Meridian, ID
Installing new floor plugs
New smoke alarms and provide constant power to attic fan
Installing bidet outlet!!!
Installing bidet outlet!!!