Your home’s electrical system is an important aspect of your day-to-day life - from powering your electronics to keeping you comfortable and safe all year round. Electricity is also dangerous for the average homeowner to deal with on their own. This is why it’s important to have a trusted electrician you can call on. At MAGIC Electric + Plumbing, we’re your expert local electricians proudly serving Middleton, ID and the surrounding areas. Whether you need to repair and outlet or rewire your entire home, you can count on our pros to get the work done quickly and accurately.
Want to know more about our expert work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from our satisfied customers.
Signs You Need an Electrical Panel Repair
Fuses and breakers live inside your electrical panel. This panel is the control point of your home’s entire electrical grid and is often the first place to start when you’re dealing with an electrical problem. Your panel connects to the main power line that runs through your home. Because of this, it’s where all the electricity in your home originates.
When your outlet is overloaded, your fuse or breaker will blow in the panel. It’s the panel’s way of protecting the rest of your Middleton, ID home. But like anything else, your electrical panel can need repair. Some typical signs your panel made need to be serviced can include:
- Flickering lights
- Odd smells coming from the panel
- The panel is warm or hot to the touch
- There is no power in a specific area of your home
Sometimes your panel may need to be replaced or upgraded, too. A stronger panel can better serve a house that uses a lot of electricity, often saving you stress and money in the long run. Best of all, it also adds considerable value to your home.
Designing an addition to your home? We offer home wiring and rewiring services too!
Choosing Your New Electrical Outlets
Most homeowners don’t realize their electrical outlets may need to be repaired or occasionally replaced. There are some warning signs that it may be time for an outlet repair, such as no power, a sparking or glowing outlet, or one that’s hot to the touch. These signs are all serious and can be a fire hazard so contact a professional as soon as you can.
While an outlet replacement can seem like a complicated job, there are some great new outlet options that can make your home even more convenient, including:
- USB: Many electronic devices are charged via USB so it’s becoming more popular to have USB outlets installed along with your normal outlets. This will make it so you can charge your electronics without using one of your outlet plugs to do so.
- GFCI: GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupters) outlets are used to protect your electrical equipment from power surges. These outlets keep track of the amount of voltage running to the outlet. If there is a surge, it will cut off the power, protecting your appliances and electronics and saving you from having to replace expensive electronics.
- AFCI: AFCI (arc-fault circuit interrupters) outlets are great for protecting your electrical devices from electrical arcs. This can be a perfect choice for homes with older electrical panels that haven’t been updated in a while.
- TRR: TRR (tamper-resistant receptacles) outlets are an excellent choice for homes with small children. They are designed to keep small objects from being inserted into the outlet and causing shocks or fire hazards.
At MAGIC Electric + Plumbing, we are your local electrical service company. Owning a home can have a lot of complicated upkeep, and when it comes to potential risks your electrical system is one of the biggest. Whether you need a quick outlet repair or an entirely new panel, our electricians can help.
Looking to save on your home’s new electrical upgrades? Be sure to visit our coupons page for specials on some of our most popular electrical services.
Why Have a Whole Home Generator?
When a storm hits and your Middleton, ID home loses power, it can run the gamut from a mild inconvenience to a full-on emergency situation. Homeowners typically only have to lose power for a few days, once, to realize they don’t even want to face that problem again.
Purchasing a portable emergency generator may seem like the solution, but the truth is they're often not powerful enough to keep your entire house powered, and you’ll have to make frequent trips to the gas station for any lengthy outages.
A whole-home standby generator, though, can be the solution you’re looking for.
A whole-home generator keeps your home powered during an outage. The generator is installed outside of your home, like your AC unit, and it starts automatically when the power to your home goes out.
Some of the benefits of a whole-home generator include:
- Convenience: A whole-home generator powers on as soon as your home loses power, which means you don't have to worry about it at all. It will keep your house running whether you’re asleep, or even if you’re on vacation, and you don’t have to worry about missing your favorite show or your alarm clock not waking you up in the morning.
- Safety: Home generators decrease the risk of fire, electric shock, and carbon monoxide poisoning as well, increasing the safety of your home for you and your family and friends. Bonus: you won’t have to throw away spoiled food!
- Variety: Whole-home generators have a variety of different fuel options, from propane to natural gas, or even diesel. The fuel source for your generator can match the fuel source for your home, making it easy to install and maintain.
Whole-home generators are great for backing up your home. They’ll bring you peace of mind, and keep your home safe and secure no matter the weather. No matter the electrical need in your home, MAGIC Electric + Plumbing is here to help!