What would we do without our modern electrical systems? They allow us to communicate with each other, keep our homes clean, work, cook, keep food cold, and power many other aspects of our lives. It’s only when that power goes out that we truly recognize the benefits of having electricity. At MAGIC Electric + Plumbing, we understand how important your electrical system is to the safety of your Nampa, ID family and home. That’s why we offer expert repair, maintenance, and installation services to ensure you always keep the lights on.
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from our longtime customers today!
Choosing Your Outlet Replacement
Not all electrical calls are repairs. In some cases, homeowners require replacement, installation, and upgrades to their existing systems like their switches and outlets. When it comes to your plugs and light switches, there are many modern advances that you can take advantage of to improve comfort and performance in your home. Some of these options include:
- GFCI Outlets: GFCI outlets are very common around sinks and tubs and other areas with water. You can spot these particular plugs as they typically have a reset button on the face. This type of outlet has an automatic shutdown system in case of overvoltage.
- Wiring: Older electrical systems can have frayed and faulty wiring. This can cause your outlets to spark, burn, and not work properly, which can affect your appliances and electronics. Replacing wiring can improve performance from your outlet.
- Dimmer Switches: A common upgrade is a dimmer light switch. This allows residents to customize your ambiance and find that ideal light setting. Whether you need bright lights to work under or mood lighting for a party, you can have it all.
- USB Enabled Receptacles: Most electronics today require a USB plug. Having one built into your outlet is a great way to add performance and convenience to your home.
Outlet repair should never be a DIY project. Not only can you harm yourself, but in many instances, an improperly installed switch can easily pose a fire risk for you and your family. We only use the best parts from Leviton to ensure a long term fix in your home.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Breaker Panel
Just as there are a lot of benefits to upgrading your light switches and outlets, there are also many perks to replacing and installing a new breaker panel. Older systems that still use fuses or aging electrical panels that are showing signs of wear and tear require a lot of repairs and can become potential fire hazards.
Here are some of the top benefits of a breaker panel upgrade:
- There is a reduced risk of fire and other dangers
- Fewer overvoltages
- Fewer repairs
- Less likely to trip the circuit breaker
- They can handle larger electrical loads
- Reduced energy cost
- Less costly homeowners insurance
In some cases, Idaho Power may also offer you rebates or discounts with a breaker panel upgrade. At MAGIC Electric + Plumbing, we are your Nampa panel upgrade experts. Not only will a new panel from Eaton and Square D improve performance in your home, but in many instances, it can allow you to add plenty of other fixtures, outlets, and appliances to your electric grid without worrying about overloading.
Want to save on your electric service needs? Be sure to visit our coupons page for new specials and promos.
Why Opt for a Whole-Home Generator?
Homeowners in the Nampa, ID area know that a heavy windstorm can easily knock down power lines and plunge your home into darkness. The most important thing in these situations is to have a backup generator system that will run your electronics, HVAC system, lights, and other essential appliances, like your refrigerator.
Depending on the size and power of the generator you choose, it can offer many important perks like:
- You'll be able to use your heater and air conditioner.
- It will keep your refrigerator running so you do not lose groceries.
- It will power your electronics such as your phone.
- It will keep essential medical equipment running.
- A generator will keep your plumbing working correctly.
- It will also allow you to keep your television and other entertainment working.
- Provides power to your security and safety systems.
However, with a small generator, you’re limited to choosing certain appliances to power. Instead, opt for installing a whole-home generator. We use models from Generac, which are known for their longevity and performance. At MAGIC Electric + Plumbing, we offer reliable service and upfront pricing. There are no games or gimmicks and you’ll always know what to expect.
for Nampa, ID
Great service. Thanks
Larry - Nampa, ID
Installing new outlet for speaker
Troubleshooting garage outlets
Installing new outlet for tv
Installing new switch timer