Clogged drains affect millions of homes worldwide every single year, including those in Twin Falls and Jerome, ID. From factors such as hard water to excessive amounts of hair clogging the drains, blockages can prevent water from properly exiting our sinks and tub drains. In order to effectively combat this occurrence from disrupting daily activities such as showering and washing dishes, it’s recommended to have routine drain cleaning done by our pros at MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air. With highly effective tools and procedures, we can restore the flow of water to your home in no time!
One of the most effective methods of drain cleaning is hydro jetting. Give us a call today to schedule your hydro jetting services!
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
There are many different signs that your drain could benefit from professional cleaning in order to get your water circulating as it should. Some of the most common signs that it’s time for your drains to be cleaned include:
- Multiple Clogs: If one drain in your home is clogged, there’s a good chance that the problem is fairly surface level and can be fixed quickly. However, if you notice there are multiple clogs throughout your home, this could indicate that it’s time for all of your drains to receive a deep cleaning.
- Funky Smells: When food, dirt, hair, and other debris get trapped within our drains, the result can be a funky smell being emitted from the drains. This could smell like mildew or any other unpleasant scent such as decomposing food. If your drains are causing entire rooms to be filled with a foul odor, it’s time for drain cleaning.
- Slow Drains: One of the most common signs that it’s time for drain cleaning is if you notice your drains taking longer to clear than usual. This usually indicates that there are blockages preventing the water from flowing freely through your drainage system.
- Odd Sounds: A properly working drain is a quiet one. The sound of gurgling indicates that your drain isn’t working efficiently as it should be and is a great indication that drain cleaning is necessary.
Tips for Preventing Clogs
While clogs are extremely common, they’re not always unpreventable. There are certain precautions and preventative measures you can take in order to prevent clogs from becoming a usual occurrence in your Twin Falls or Jerome, ID home. Some of these prevention tips include:
- Mesh Hair Trap: If you enjoy shaving or washing your hair in the shower, it is highly recommended that you invest in a mesh hair trap. Hair is one of the biggest culprits when it comes to blocked drains and by limiting how much hair goes down your drain, you will significantly lower the risk of a clog happening.
- Garbage Disposal Etiquette: Many people unknowingly misuse their garbage disposals in their kitchen sinks. Designed to handle only small scraps of food waste, many garbage disposals become damaged and clogged by food particles that are way too big.
- Avoid Pouring Grease Down the Drain: Another common kitchen sink mistake people make is pouring cooking grease down the drain. This is one sure way to clog the sink as the grease is too thick and sticks to the drain on its way down. Never pour grease in the sink or in the toilet!
- Improper Toilet Flushing: Toilets are designed to flush two things and two things only: Human waste and toilet paper. Items such as baby wipes, feminine products, and foreign objects should never be flushed down the toilet as this is a sure way to clog the pipes.
Improper flushing habits can lead to an array of problems for your home’s piping system. If your sewer line has been damaged due to lodged objects, give us a call for sewer line repair services.
Why Choose Our Drain Cleaning Pros?
When it comes to professional drain cleaning, there is no sewer cleaning company more dependable than MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air! Whether your garbage disposal has been taking on more scraps than it could handle or you’ve accidentally disposed of grease down the drain resulting in a clogged sink, we can help! We offer hassle-free scheduling and upfront pricing to make drain problems less frustrating and more manageable.