There’s nothing worse than being the last person in the house to take a shower only to have no hot water to enjoy and relax in. Traditional water heaters work by storing water in a tank that is then heated before it comes out of your faucet. So what happens when this tank is emptied? You have to wait until it fills back up before you can enjoy the benefits of warm water.
With a tankless water heater, this problem is eliminated and you will never have to wait before you can relax in a nice hot shower. Call MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air today to find out how our tankless water heater installation and repair services can benefit your home in Twin Falls or Jerome, ID!
Not sure if you’re ready to make the switch to a tankless water heater? We provide conventional water heater repair and replacement as well.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
Tankless water heaters were invented in 1929 but have come a long way since their original purpose of heating bathwater. Now, tankless water heaters are designed with ultimate comfort in mind as well as energy efficiency. These ingenious innovations work by drawing cold water into the heater whenever the hot water is activated by a faucet in your home. Then, a flow sensor activates the gas burner (or electric) which heats up the heat exchanger where cold water is circulated within the exchanger and exits the heater at a certain temperature.
Because these units are not limited by the capacity of a tank, you get access to a limitless supply of instant hot water!
Signs Your Unit Needs Repairs
Unfortunately, tankless water heaters aren’t indestructible nor are they immune to normal wear and tear. If your tankless water heater is experiencing any of the following occurrences, it may be time for professional repair services:
- Lack of Hot Water: One of the most obvious signs that something is wrong with your tankless water heater is if your unit is no longer able to provide hot water. This can be caused by many different factors such as broken internal components, a tripped breaker, or a damaged pilot light.
- Strange Noises: Another common indication that something is wrong with your water heater is if the unit is emitting strange noises such as banging or clicking. While these noises can indicate that there are loose components, sounds such as hissing can indicate a gas leak is present. If this is the case, evacuate your home immediately (don’t forget your pets) and give us a call.
- Rusty Water: If rust is present within your water supply, this can indicate that there is corrosion in your water heater unit and it’s time for a replacement.
- Odious Smelling Water: Water should not really have a distinctive smell, that is if your water is fresh and clean. If your water supply smells strange, your water heater may be to blame. When mineral deposits and rust build up within the unit, this can negatively affect your water supply resulting in not-so-good smelling water.
Benefits of Upgrading to a Tankless Water Heater
Whether you’re looking to upgrade from a traditional water heater to a tankless, or your current tankless water heater has outlived its usefulness, an upgrade in your Twin Falls or Jerome, ID home may be the right decision for you. Some of the various benefits that you can experience with a brand new tankless water heater installation include:
- Hot Water On Demand: Unlike a traditional water heater, there is no giant storage tank that water just sits in waiting to be used, or not used. Tankless units heat water only when you need it, meaning you never have to wait for your water heater to refill itself before enjoying a nice hot shower.
- Efficiency: The newer the water heater, the more efficient it will be. As new models are being invented, energy efficiency is increasingly becoming a primary focus and desired feature for homeowners and business owners alike.
- Longer Lifespan: While traditional water heaters have a life expectancy of around 8 to 10 years, tankless water heaters can last up to twice as long meaning you can relax before having to worry about upgrading again.
- No Leaks: Because tankless water heaters don’t have a storage tank, there is no risk of leaks that you have to consider when it comes to a traditional water heater unit.
If you don’t want to switch to a tankless unit, don’t worry! MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air provides traditional water heater installation services as well.
Call Our Tankless Water Heater Pros Today
Here at MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air, we pride ourselves on our professional plumbing and HVAC services as well as outstanding customer service. When you hire our experts, we will send you a photo and short bio of your technician so you know exactly who is showing up at your door. Give us a call today to receive the best tankless water heater installation services Twin Falls & Jerome has to offer!