Experienced Electricians in Wendell
From damaged outlets to faulty wiring, our electricians at Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air are here to help keep your home protected.
Electricity is so common in our modern homes and businesses we can easily overlook its importance and our reliance on it. In our homes, all of our modern comforts are powered by this resource. Electricity powers our lighting to help us see, our air conditioners and heaters that keep us comfortable, and our refrigerators that provide us with safe food. When something goes wrong with your Wendell, ID system, and can quickly leave your scrambling for help. At MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air, we have the expertise to repair, update, and maintain your home’s electrical systems. With our award-winning service, we have the skills to meet any of your electrical needs.
Don’t just take our word for it. Visit our reviews page to hear from our long-time customers today!
Tips for Replacing Your Outlets and Switches
Outlets and switches are the mechanisms that allow us to access the power running through our home’s wiring system. Because of their constant use, they can become damaged over time or may need to be updated for convenience or in the case of a remodel. Some other indicators an outlet replacement is needed include:
- LOOSE OUTLETS: Outlets should not move when appliance plugs are inserted or removed. The movement that can occur can damage the outlet and the wiring behind the wall. Over time, the wiring can become stressed and present a fire hazard.
- BAD GFCI: GFCI outlets are the special outlets located near water sources and outdoors. They are a safety feature that is designed to prevent electric shock in case water comes in contact with an appliance. GFCIs that continually trip, such as outlets that are improperly sealed outside, may need to be replaced if they cannot be reset.
- REMODEL OR REPAINTING: A quick way to freshen up a space is to add a new coat of paint and update the color of your outlets, switches and wall plates. Outlets, switches and wall plates can be easily changed and will add a new look to your space while also checking the electrical system for safety issues.
If you need help troubleshooting or changing your outlets or GFCIs and live in the Wendell, ID area, give MAGIC Electric, Plumbing Heating + Air a call. With our Hassle-Free scheduling, we can accommodate your needs.
Does Your Electrical Panel Need Service?
Breaker box. Service panel. Fuse box. Whatever name it goes by, you probably don’t think about it unless there is a problem. A breaker panel is the main point of service between your home and the electrical grid. Panels can be located in your garage, basement, kitchen pantry or on the outside of your home. The breaker panel is equipped with safety features that protect you and your home from the dangers presented by electricity.
To the homeowner, the most important feature of a breaker panel is the circuit breakers. Circuit breakers power different sections of your home. Often, circuit breakers are dedicated to large appliances, bedrooms and lighting circuits. Breakers prevent excess power from flowing through your home’s electrical system. Excess power running through wires is dangerous because it generates heat and can cause a fire. When a breaker senses a spike in power demand, it flips a switch to prevent your wires from overheating. The switch can be reset to restore service to the circuit after the cause of the breaker trip is determined.
Modern homes have a higher energy demand than was necessary 50 years ago. As a result, many older homes do not have adequately sized panels to support the electrical needs of your family. Furthermore, older panels may even be fuse boxes. If either of these is the case for your home, it may be time to consider upgrading. Upgrading your panel can provide you with the power you need in a safer and more reliable way.
Looking to save on your fuse box upgrade? Be sure to visit our coupons page for specials on our electrical services.
Why Should You Have a Backup Generator?
Power outages can be one of the most frustrating problems you may experience. Modern electrical grids have become so reliable that we seldom have to go without power. As a result of this reliability, outages typically are more severe and prolonged. Prolonged outages represent several problems:
- LOSS OF CONNECTIVITY: With power outages, we lose access to television and the internet that provide information on the cause of an outage. Without this connectivity, we cannot access valuable information in the case of a natural disaster.
- LOSS OF FOOD PRESERVATION: One of the most important uses of power is for refrigerators. A single outage can ruin months worth of stored food in freezers and refrigerators and leave your family without a food source.
- LOSS OF CRITICAL HOME SYSTEMS: Your Wendell, ID home is designed to be heated and cooled by its installed systems. If you lose power you may lose the ability to heat and cool your home. In the event of cold temperatures, a prolonged outage may put your home at risk of freezing pipes. High temperatures can put you at risk of overheating.
Installing whole-home generators can give you the peace of mind that you are prepared in the event of a prolonged outage. With a generator, you will avoid the inconvenience of an outage and protect your family and home. At Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air we install Generac generators. Not only do they add value to your home, but also the offer that peace of mind you deserve during a storm.
If you are interested in having a system installed in your Wendell, ID, call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air at 208-268-6488 for a quote. Our award-winning service and upfront pricing will make you “Believe in Magic!”
Very professional and quick!- Paty N.
Very friendly and scheduled us pretty quickly!- Raeanne B.
I can recommend this company easily with 5 stars!- Ineke A.
He was quick and professional!- Jordan N.
Can’t recommend them enough!- Ashlynn H.
$100 Off Water Heater Installation or Replacement Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Coupon must be presented at time of payment. Not valid for trip charge or diagnostic fee. Valid on standard pricing only. Redeemable for one-time use per home.Valid from Aug 5, 2021 - Aug 27, 2022
$50 Off On Home Remodeling Services for Electrical & Plumbing Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Coupon must be presented at time of payment. Not valid for trip charge or diagnostic fee. Valid on standard pricing only. Redeemable for one-time use per home.Valid from Aug 27, 2021 - Aug 6, 2022
Expert Workmanship & BBB Accredited
Our exceptional service have earned us a high rating from the Better Business Bureau. Our technicians are licensed and highly trained, so you can trust that we’ll get your problems solved right the first time.
We always clean up because we respect your home and family too much to leave you with a mess to manage. Our technicians also keep you informed about the work they are doing so you always know what’s being done and why.
Hassle-Free Scheduling & Arrival
You have a busy life - let us help you get back to the things you enjoy in life faster. We make scheduling service easy and convenient, along with short appointment windows and arrival as scheduled.
Our exceptional customer service has earned us numerous awards including Top Rated Local Business 2019, Magic Valley Readers Choice Gold Award for Best Electrician, and Home Advisor’s Elite Service Pro award.
Don’t be fooled by hidden fees and charges! We discuss pricing before any work is started so you know exactly what you’re getting. What you see is what you get- not a penny more.
Unexpected issues in your home are stressful enough without having to worry about the cost. Our financing options can help you get the service you need when you need it.