Owning an electric car is a great step toward living a greener life and lessening your carbon footprint. Whether you are thinking of purchasing an electric vehicle or have just purchased one and are wondering how accessible charging is, with an electric vehicle charging station installed in your Boise, ID home you won’t have to worry about the hassle of extension cords.
Make sure your home is ready for a charging station with a panel upgrade. Not only does this add value to your home, but also it can help with electrical performance!
Benefits of Installing an At-Home EV Charging Station
There are plenty of advantages to installing an EV charging station in your home or business, including:
- Save money because you won’t be spending money on parking/charging fees.
- Get a faster charge if you install a level 2 charger or higher.
- Conveniently charge your electric vehicle from the comfort of your own home.
If you own an electric vehicle, it is a good idea to also invest in an electric vehicle charging station for your home. Hiring a licensed electrician like MAGIC Electric + Plumbing to install your EV charging station will ensure that the work is done safely and properly.
How to Choose the Right EV Charging Station for Your Home
When you are contemplating purchasing a new EV charging station for your home, one of the first things to consider is which type of charging station is best for you. There are three levels to EV chargers and deciding which level is right for you will help narrow down the options.
- Level 1 chargers use a 120 V AC plug and can be plugged into a standard outlet. Level 1 chargers also don’t require the help of a professional because they do not need additional equipment installed. Level 1 chargers are the least expensive, but also take the longest to charge. They typically deliver two to five miles of range per hour of charging.
- Level 2 chargers use a 240 V or 208 V and can be used residentially or commercially. These chargers can’t be plugged into a standard outlet and require the help of a professional electrician for proper installation. Level 2 chargers deliver 10 to 60 miles of range per hour of charging and can fully charge a battery in about two hours.
- Level 3 chargers are typically only used commercially and can fully charge a battery in about 20 minutes. They also offer 60 to 100 miles of range in this time frame. These chargers require highly specialized, high-powered equipment to install and maintain.
Depending on your existing electrical system and needs, our Boise, ID electricians will help you find the ideal solution for your home. With personalized service and hassle-free scheduling, you’ll be able to efficiently charge your new EV in no time!
Looking for more ways to make your home eco-friendly? Be sure to ask about our indoor lighting options, from LED retrofits to “green” lighting solutions.
Expert EV Charger Installation
Installing a level 2 EV charger in your home calls for professional assistance. It requires 240 V of power from your breaker panel and a double-pole will need to be installed to achieve this voltage safely. When you call, your MAGIC Electric + Plumbing electrician will arrive at your door prompt and ready to complete the job in as little time as possible. You can trust our team to carry out the work to code and at a price you can agree on.