Switch & Outlet Services in Boise
Don’t let a faulty outlet damage your appliances or prevent you from using your electronics. Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air can help!
While you may not know all the intricacies that go into your electrical system, the main connection you have to your system is the electrical outlets and switches you use on a daily basis. Whether you’re plugging your phone to charge or dimming the lights before sitting down for a movie, you depend on these receptacles on a daily basis. This is why any electrical outlet repair issues or damaged switches require immediate attention. Luckily, the experts at Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air are here to help. As your Boise, ID outlet switch repair pros, we can quickly troubleshoot and repair your outlets or offer you a quality replacement option. Add in our convenient hassle-free scheduling, and you’ll be back up and running in no time.
Most outlet repair issues stem from faulty wiring. Be sure to ask whether a wiring replacement is needed for your new outlet.
How to Tell if Your Outlet Is Damaged
Every homeowner should know that electrical outlet repair should always
be left to the professionals. Not only is it a matter of safety, but also
a poorly installed outlet can easily pose a fire risk for your home.
However, you can still be on the lookout for signs that your outlet needs replacing, including:
- LOOSE CONNECTIONS: Do your electronics constantly fall out of the socket? Loose connections can be the first indicator that the body of the outlet is damaged or the wiring behind it is causing some type of connectivity issues.
- CRACKED OR DAMAGED BODY: Anytime the GFCI receptacle is damaged, as in cracked or exposed, it should be a cause for concern. Exposed wiring can pose a serious safety risk for families and could also lead to further issues.
- BURN MARKS OR ODORS: The main concern with electricity is fire. If there are burn marks around an outlet or you smell a burning smell, it’s time to call your local electrician. Installing GFCI receptacles is one easy way to protect against electrical shorts and burned wires.
- FLUCTUATING POWER: When you plug in your phone, does it constantly turn on and off as if it were being disconnected. Fluctuating power to an outlet could indicate a wiring issue or a fault in the outlet itself.
- OUTDATED DESIGN: As we get more appliances, our needs change. Newer outlet designs can give you flexibility with features like USB wall outlets and added ports for more connectivity.
If your outlet is damaged or outdated, replacing it is always the best option. Not only does this improve your safety, but also it adds plenty of usability for you and your family. At the very least, all your outlets should either be GFCI receptacles or AFCI outlets, as these protect you from common issues like ground faults and electrical arcing.
Common Switch Options for Your Home
In addition to outlets, many homes depend on electrical switches to power things like ceiling fans and indoor lighting. So what kinds of customization can you enjoy in your home? Some of the switch installations we complete in the Boise, ID area include:
- LIGHT DIMMERS: Dimmer switches are one of the most common residential switches, and they come in plenty of shapes and designs. From slide dimmers to rotary dimmers, take control over your lighting.
- FAN SPEED CONTROLS: Instead of fumbling with pull cables to adjust fan speed, control it from one central location. Fan speed controls can also power the lighting element on the fan, allowing you to run them independently.
- CURTAINS/BLINDS: Have automated blinds or curtains in your home? Control them from one central location for completely customizable natural lighting.
- AUDIO: Homeowners always want a streamlined look, and by eliminating wires with your surround sound or audio system, you can get exactly that. Some audio switches even include a mount for your smartphone or music device.
At Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air, we can help you replace light switches and install new systems to automate even more of your fixtures. Whether you want a central switch powering your surround sound and lighting or you’re looking to automate those new blinds, our electricians can help design the ideal situation for your home.
Once you replace that light switch, upgrade your lighting too with our indoor lighting upgrades. From new LED retrofits to mood lighting, our experts can help.
Reliable Solutions a Call Away
The outlets and switches throughout your home are essential not only for functionality but also for your safety. At Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air, we offer convenient electrical outlet repairs, switch installations, and outlet upgrades like USB outlets and GFCI receptacles. Not only do we use high-quality materials from Levinton, but also we can customize our services to your specific needs. As the Readers Choice Award Gold Winner Best Electrician in 2019, you can trust you’re getting the very best service in your home!
Have an outlet that’s hot to the touch or no longer working? Call Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air at 208-203-7730 for all your electrical outlet repair and replacement needs.
Free Whole Home Surge Protector With Panel Replacement. Not valid with other offers. Call for details.Valid until Sep 30, 2022
$50 Off Any Upgrade or Repair Services of $250 or more. Not valid with other offers. Call for details.Valid until Sep 30, 2022
$100 Off Panel Replacement Not valid with other offers. Call for detailsValid until Sep 30, 2022
Expert Workmanship & BBB Accredited
Our exceptional service have earned us a high rating from the Better Business Bureau. Our technicians are licensed and highly trained, so you can trust that we’ll get your problems solved right the first time.
We always clean up because we respect your home and family too much to leave you with a mess to manage. Our technicians also keep you informed about the work they are doing so you always know what’s being done and why.
Hassle-Free Scheduling & Arrival
You have a busy life - let us help you get back to the things you enjoy in life faster. We make scheduling service easy and convenient, along with short appointment windows and arrival as scheduled.
Our exceptional customer service has earned us numerous awards including Top Rated Local Business 2019, Magic Valley Readers Choice Gold Award for Best Electrician, and Home Advisor’s Elite Service Pro award.
Don’t be fooled by hidden fees and charges! We discuss pricing before any work is started so you know exactly what you’re getting. What you see is what you get- not a penny more.
Unexpected issues in your home are stressful enough without having to worry about the cost. Our financing options can help you get the service you need when you need it.