Whether you’re taking a shower or washing dishes, having access to hot water is less of a luxury and more of a necessity. This is why coming home to a burst water heater tank or not hot water can be such a stressful situation. At Magic Electric and Plumbing, we are your reliable Boise, ID water heater repair company. We work with all major brands, like Bradford White, and every type of water heater including gas water heaters. From leak repairs to complete replacements, our plumbers will restore hot water to your home quickly and reliably.
Looking to help your water heater work at its best? Keep your water quality clean with our whole home water filtration systems, the ideal accent for your new water heater.
Common Signs You Need Water Heater Repairs
For many homeowners, the first sign of trouble with their water heater is in the midst of a shower. Not only is this a rude awakening, but in many cases, it means you’re dealing with an emergency situation already. Instead, it’s ideal to catch water heater repair issues early on by looking for common symptoms, including:
- High Energy Costs: As your water heater ages, it can struggle to keep the water warm when you need it. Over time, this translates into higher energy costs, which should become noticeable on your utility bills.
- Rust Buildup: Metal and water don’t usually mix, which is why rust buildup isn’t uncommon around your water heater. However, if the water flowing through your fixtures has rust particles in it, the tank may be in need of repairs.
- Water Leaks: Even the smallest water leaks can cause extensive damage to your home. Be sure to look around the base of the water heater tank and around fittings. At the first sign of leakage, be sure to contact a plumber.
- Fluctuation Water Temperatures: Your water heater should be able to produce consistently warm hot water. If your water is scalding one minute and ice cold the next, there’s a problem. This could either point to an issue with the thermostat or heating elements, both of which should be inspected by an expert.
- Excess Noise: Sediment buildup is a common problem for water heaters. If your water heater is making loud noises while working, the sediment will need to be removed or the tank will need repair services.
At Magic Electric and Heating, we offer hot water heater repair services throughout the Boise, ID area. Not only can we diagnose the cause of your problems, but also we take the time to give you all the potential repair solutions, ensuring you get a long-term fix that works for your home and budget.
The Benefits of Full System Replacements
A water heater can last anywhere from 10 to 20 years, depending on the type of care and maintenance it gets. Once your electric water heater starts to reach those later years, deciding between a repair or a replacement can become a challenge. While most homeowners will opt for repairs, when those repairs become frequent or the cost is roughly half that of a replacement, it may be best to opt for a new system.
With a water heater replacement, you’ll enjoy a few different benefits, including:
- Lower energy costs
- More consistent water temperatures
- Improved water quality
- Fewer repair and water leak issues
- Quieter operation
- Higher water capacity (ideal for growing families)
Most importantly of all, our hot water tank installation services give you the peace of mind that you have the latest and most efficient water heater around, with unit options from Bradford White, one of the most highly-rated brands around!
Looking to upgrade your water heater even further? Be sure to ask our staff about our tankless water heaters, and find out if they’re the right option for your home.
Our Experts Can Help
Finding a water heater maintenance company to keep your new or old water heater tank in good working order is essential. Not only does it keep your system operating as efficiently as possible, but in most cases, it helps extend the lifespan of your unit. At Magic Electric and Plumbing, our goal is to offer a seamless experience with every service call.
We understand that even a day without hot water can turn into a nightmare. That’s why our staff is always available and offers a hassle-free schedule, taking the guesswork out of appointment windows and ensuring you’ll never waste a minute of your time waiting for our plumbing contractors to arrive!