Your home’s main sewer line is the pipe responsible for removing all of the waste from every toilet and drain in your home and transporting it to your area’s sewage system. That’s why it becomes a major inconvenience when this sewer line becomes damaged or negatively impacted. If you suspect your sewer line has been damaged, call MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air to schedule professional sewer main repair and sewer line replacement services in Twin Falls or Jerome, ID.
From sewer repairs to gas leak detection, we do it all!
Signs Your Sewer Line Needs Repairs
When our sewer line requires repairs, there will be a few signs that let you know it’s time to call the professionals. The most common signs our team of experts see and treat include:
- You Smell Sewer Gas: Perhaps the most telltale sign of all is the horrendous stench of sewage emitting from your drains or yard. This is a common indication that your sewer line has sprung a leak and toxic fumes from waste have begun to spread throughout the premises.
- You Have Slow Drains: Slow drains can have many culprits from clumps of hair lodged in the drain to a broken sewer line. If multiple drains within your home are clogged simultaneously, this could indicate that tree roots or other intruders have infiltrated the sewer line.
- Your Lawn Is Flourishing in Select Areas: Another common sign that your sewer line is damaged is if you notice that certain areas of your lawn are vibrant and flourishing while other areas remain dull and brown. Sewer line contents can fertilize your lawn although the toxins released over time may not make the pretty yard worth it.
- You Notice Increased Pest Activity: There’s nothing worse than dealing with rodent and pest problems in and around your home. However, the increase of pest activity does serve a positive purpose as an alarm that something is not right underground.
- Your Home’s Foundation Is Shifting: As contents continue to spew out of your sewer line and into your yard, your house itself can become at risk. The seeping of your yard can cause foundational shifts as water leaks into your house’s slabs and eats away at your home’s foundation.
Our sewer line repair experts will quickly assess and diagnose your concerns. Whether a basic repair can get the line flowing again or a full sewer line replacement is needed, you can count on our plumbing contractors to get the job done.
What Causes Sewer Line Damage?
Sewer line damage can happen to anyone at any time but this does not mean that they are a random occurrence. Every sewer line leak has a culprit whether caused by a change in usage or built-up pressure over time. Some of the most common sewer line issue culprits include:
- Broken/Collapsed Sewer Line: Especially common in older homes, broken or collapsed sewer lines occur as lines increase in age and lose their strength. In new constructions, sewer lines are often made of plastic but in older homes, these lines were constructed using iron and clay which aren’t able to withstand the test of time.
- Blockages: When blockages prevent the flow of water in our sewer lines, this results in increased pressure on our pipes that they may not be able to handle. In many cases, a crack or leak will occur when the lines can no longer handle the pressure and result in sewage backup or worse, backflow.
- Tree Roots: It’s nearly impossible to fully predict what nature does and this is especially true when it comes to tree roots. As roots spread out and grow beneath our homes, our main sewer line can become obstructed and result in a nasty leak.
- Human Intervention: Unfortunately, human beings are not perfect and even professional construction workers make mistakes. It is not uncommon for construction workers to accidentally hack into the main sewer line due to miscalculations or careless errors.
One of the most common causes of sewer line issues in Twin Falls and Jerome, ID, is construction damage. Whether you’re excavating around your home or accidentally park a large truck too close to a sewer pipe, it can quickly affect your home.
If you’re looking for effective ways to eliminate sewer line repair issues, we recommend professional drain cleaning services!
The Magic Process
When sewer line damages occur, there’s nothing more important than taking immediate action to prevent the problem from worsening. Our MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air experts are here to assist you every step of the way. When you call on us to fix your main sewer line, we will assess the extensity of the problem and determine if you will need a repair or replacement service.
We take pride in our cleanliness and professionalism and will email you a short bio of your technician so you know exactly who to expect at the door. Our hassle-free system makes scheduling a breeze. We know your time is valuable and we won’t waste it! Call us today and allow us to take the frustration out of your sewer line repair or replacement needs.