In southern Idaho, it’s no secret that we have all experienced a power outage. When the power goes out, sometimes it may be for a short period of time or it could be out for hours or even days.
If you are home with no power for days, what would happen? All our produce, meat, and perishables in the fridge and freezers would waste. We wouldn’t be able to use our indoor plumbing, bathe or even get a glass of water. Depending on the season, our homes may become very cold (winter season) or extremely hot (summer season). What about being able to open your garage door just to get your car in and out? As a society, we are highly dependent on energy. Luckily, there are great resources out there to protect your home, so you don’t find yourself in this situation with your family.
Installing a standby generator is your backup power source that turns on automatically when the power is out. This means your home remains safe and comfortable! Standby generators are installed outside the home or business and are hooked up to your home so there are no extension cords, gas cans, or extra set-up when it’s time to use it! Now is a great time to consider adding a generator to your home essentials.
But wait, how do you know what generator you will need?! Not all generators are created equal. Here are 5 tips to consider when shopping for the right generator for your home.
- 1. Size Matters: The last thing anyone wants is to install a generator to find out it doesn’t have the capacity your home needs. Understanding the generator’s size requirements is crucial.
- 2. Situation Requirements: If you are thinking the generator at the local hardware store on the shelf can do the trick, maybe think again. Making sure the manufacturer’s recommendations to be able to run long-term or off the grid are important decisions to consider when needing power during an outage.
- 3. Fuel Types: Generators either run off gasoline, diesel, or propane. Depending on your property needs can impact the generator type you choose.
- 4. Quality is Key: It’s true, you get what you pay for when purchasing a generator. Making sure you understand the advantages and comparable of your generator is important because this investment is important.
- 5. Installation and warranty: Like any good investment, having a warranty and making sure the equipment is properly installed saves you money in the long run.
With these five tips, The Magic Team can help you choose the generator that is best for your home or property. Our qualified technicians understand how important your home’s comfort and safety are and can identify what generator would be best for you and your family.