In our digital age, electricity is everything. Not only does it allow our homes in Twin Falls and Jerome, ID to have access to heating and cooling, a refrigerator, stove, and lighting, but it’s also how we stay connected to the world. Think about how difficult it would be to engage with friends, family, or colleagues on the other side of the world if you couldn’t charge your communication devices. In order for electricity to successfully contribute to our daily lives, our wiring has to be in good shape. So when wiring becomes melted, burned, ripped, or distressed, you need fast, expert wiring repair to get back to your daily routine. Luckily, MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air is here to help!
Sometimes, we may believe there is an issue with our wiring when it can really just be the outlets or switches themselves. Call us today for outlet/switch repair and replacement services.
Signs There Is an Issue With Your Wiring
When wiring becomes a problem in the home, our daily lives can be quickly interrupted. Because we rely on fully functioning wiring to support our HVAC systems, cooking appliances, washers, and dryers, etc., it has to be in good condition. Some of the most common signs that your wiring needs professional attention from an electrician include:
- Buzzing Lamps: If you are experiencing buzzing lighting fixtures in your home, this can be a sign of a faulty wiring issue. If you feel a shock or buzz when you turn on your lamps, this could be the beginning of a serious electrical issue and should be inspected right away.
- Hot Outlets: One occurrence that is common when there is an electrical wiring issue in the home is outlets that are hot to the touch. If you feel a warmth behind your outlets, call an electrician as soon as possible.
- Frayed Wires: One of the most visible indications that your wiring needs repairs or replacement are when you can that your wires are frayed or melted. If your wiring looks negatively affected in any way, give us a call in order to prevent electrocution or loss of power.
- Flickering or Dimming Lights: When wires become damaged or loose, you may notice that lights in your home flicker or dim when you plug in a device into the electrical outlet. This is a telltale sign that your wiring needs professional attention.
- Burning Smell: You should never smell any odors emitting from your electrical system, especially not burning. If you do smell a burnt scent and you believe it to come from the electrical system, this could indicate that your system has become overheated. When this occurs, it’s not uncommon for wires to be negatively impacted in the process.
Common Causes of Wiring Issues
When it comes to electrical issues in Twin Falls and Jerome, ID homes, wiring problems are one of the most common culprits. Unfortunately, even the smallest wiring issue can damage electronics and put your home at risk for fires. Some of the most common things contributing to your wiring issues include:
- Faulty Wiring Installation: If your wires weren’t properly installed in the first place, you can expect them to malfunction at some point in time. Faulty wiring installation is usually done by a handyman who claims to know how to fix electrical issues or could be due to a careless error during construction.
- Overloaded Breaker Panel: If your electrical panel is overloaded, this can cause the system to overheat as it tries to generate enough power to meet your electrical needs. However, when this occurs, your wires are on the frontline and are at risk of burning and melting.
- Pests: Unfortunately, pests such as rats, squirrels, and other rodents or insects are drawn to wiring. They can chew on the wires, damaging them and often times requiring they be completely replaced.
- Aluminum Wiring: In older homes, it’s not uncommon that wiring was installed using aluminum wires as it was a much cheaper option than copper. However, trial and error have taught us the dangers of aluminum wiring and it is no longer considered a safe option. When aluminum comes in contact with copper, the connections can loosen and lead to electrical fires.
Wiring is an important part of a home’s electrical system. Just as important though, is the breaker panel. If you are experiencing issues with yours, call us today and ask about our breaker panel repair and replacement services.
Call Our Award-Winning Electricians Today
No one knows electrical matters better than the team here at MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air. Whether your wiring has been poorly installed by a local handyman or your home was built during a time when aluminum wiring was acceptable, our licensed electricians can get your wiring up to code. We can help with remodels, new circuits, circuit extensions, and more. Call us today and take advantage of our easy scheduling, award-winning customer service, and upfront pricing!