One of the most common nuisances that can occur within your home is a water leak left undetected. There’s nothing worse than seeing a hefty spike on your water bill without any particular explanation other than you’ve tripled your usual monthly water usage. Unless you’ve grown your family or added on to your home, this should not happen. A sudden increase in water usage indicates that a leak is present somewhere in your home. MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air is here to provide Twin Falls & Jerome residents with quality water leak detection and leak repair services to get to the root of the problem and put an end to the leaks once and for all!
A sudden increase in your water bill may also be caused by damaged pipes. Call us today to schedule professional repiping services.
Signs You Have a Water Leak
With how common water leaks are, it may be surprising to know how often many leaks go on, undetected. In order to avoid being caught off guard by a hefty water bill, it’s wise to know what exactly a water leak looks like and how to know if you have one. Some of the most common indicators that a leak is present include:
- Increased Water Bill: As we stated above, an increased water bill is a common sign that you have a water leak. According to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), the average household’s leak can waste more than 10,000 gallons of water every year.
- Dripping Sounds: It’s difficult to hear a dripping faucet during the bustle of everyday life, but at night, when things have calmed, the sound alone can drive you crazy. If you hear water dripping coming from any of your fixtures, this is an indication that a leak is present.
- Running Toilet: Another common sign that a leak is present is a constantly running toilet. An ineffective flush valve system is one of the primary culprits behind a running, silent leaking toilet.
- Decreased Water Pressure: When a leak is present, you may notice that your water pressure from your fixtures is weaker than usual. Not only can this make showers less enjoyable, but it can also affect the effectiveness of daily activities such as washing dishes.
- Foul Odor: When leaks are present, water can seep into your homes’ floors and walls, which will eventually result in the smell of mildew inside your home.
Causes of Water Leaks
It’s common knowledge that water leaks aren’t a rarity; however, it’s not so common knowledge of what causes these leaks in the first place. Below, we have listed some of the most common culprits behind residential water leaks:
- Damaged Seals: If you have a dishwasher, washing machine, or any other appliance that utilizes water in your home, you may be at risk for broken seals. When these appliances are installed, seals are placed to keep water from entering your home from the unit. However, over time, these seals can become weak and generally ineffective resulting in leaking water.
- Corroded Pipes: With age comes rust and corrosion and unfortunately, our piping systems are not immune. If you notice rust eating away at your pipes, resulting in discoloration, it’s time to call the professionals.
- High Water Pressure: Perhaps even worse than low water pressure is water pressure that is too high. Extensive water pressure can lead to burst pipes, which will result in leaking water in your home.
- Clogged Pipes: Our pipes can become clogged with all types of debris such as hair, mineral deposits, rust, and bacteria. Clogs put excessive pressure on our lines and can lead to cracked or burst pipes.
How Water Leak Detection Is Done
Here at MAGIC Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air, we believe the best maintenance is preventative maintenance and catching small problems before they turn into big ones. Using modern technology, our plumbing specialists are able to detect water leaks that are invisible to the average, untrained eye.
Using electromagnetic equipment, we can quickly locate pipelines to find the origin of the leak and treat it effectively with professional leak repair services. Additionally, we also use visual inspections and digging methods to uncover leaks that occur behind walls or under flooring.
A water leak detection service may reveal the origin of the leak as a burst pipe. Call us today and ask about our burst pipe repair services!
Call Our Water Leak Experts Today
Water leaks left untreated and undetected are one of the main factors that can negatively impact a water bill. Not only will you have to pay more each month, but the presence of mold and mildew can turn your home into a breeding ground for bacteria, creating a contaminated environment. Our team of experts provides real, long-lasting solutions with hassle-free scheduling and upfront pricing on all of our services.