We are gearing up for the warmth and fun outdoor activities that Idaho summers provide. Making plans to get out and enjoy the beauty that the season brings. One area that you may not be prepared in is having your AC unit serviced to ensure that you stay cool and comfortable all season long. Having an Air conditioner can be considered a necessity in Southern Idaho. If your AC unit breaks down during Summer, you will likely find yourself in a very uncomfortable position. Avoiding these kinds of breakdowns can be done by getting your AC unit serviced before the heat hits. You might be asking what does a tune-up involves and what benefits does a tune-up has for you and your family?
Why do I need an AC tune-up?
- A tune-up can ensure that your air conditioner and the whole system are running smoothly and won’t run into any issues when you need it the most. Just like vehicle air conditioners need regular checkups to make sure all of the parts are in good working condition, prevention is key!
- As with a vehicle, little problems can quickly turn into big problems. Regular tune-ups can help to fix these little problems before they turn into costly repairs.
- Tune-ups also improve the efficiency of your AC unit. Buildup and lack of proper lubrication of moving parts can make your AC unit work harder than it should have to, costing you more in utilities and repairs or replacement down the road.
What does an AC tune-up include?
- Check coolant levels.
- Inspect the condenser fan motor and cleaning of the condenser coils to increase efficiency.
- Lubricate all moving parts to prevent friction and wear so they can function efficiently and extend the life of your AC unit.
- Evaluate your filter and ducting.
- Inspect the blower motor to ensure it is working in tip-top shape.
- Perform an electrical analysis to ensure that your system is in safe working condition.
- Check your unit for signs of wear and tear.
- Calibrate your thermostat.
- Overall cleaning and inspection of your AC unit.
Another thing to consider when deciding whether to replace or repair your air conditioning unit is how efficient it is. Newer air conditioning units are becoming more and more efficient and better for the environment, which in turn saves you money on your energy bills. Even if you have a newer unit, AC tune-ups are essential to keep your AC unit working efficiently, avoid costly repairs and extend the life of your AC unit. The Team at Magic Electric, Plumbing, Heating + Air can perform a comprehensive tune-up on your AC unit can increase the efficiency and life of your unit.